Making this gluten free cheesecake is so easy as long as there is no nuts allergy. I always imagined making cheesecake is very difficult and tricky, till I started making it myself. In my opinion it's very hard to actually fail making a good cheesecake. I think anyone can make it even following the simple recipe inside the cream cheese box.
There are only few small points that normally it is not shared and knowing it makes your work much easier.
First of all like any other baking your dairy and egg should be room temperature however the cream cheese shouldn't be too soft.
Secondly, it is the best to bake the cheesecake while the pan is inside of water. So you should add water to a baking tray and place the pan inside the tray.
Lastly, once the cheesecake is baked, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside while the oven door is half way open. (The change of temperature right away can cause cracks on the cheese cake, but sometimes you get few cracks anyways)
Now more than baking and eating cheesecake, I like decorating it. It's so much fun decorating cheesecakes with fresh berries and fruits or the combination with chocolate and fresh flowers. I made this cheesecake for my friend's birthday and she absolutely loved it.
Makes one 8 or 9 inch cake
Prep and baking time 1 hour
Ingredients: (for cheesecake)
Almond flour 1.5 cup
Butter 1/3 cup
Philadelphia brick cream cheese 3 pkgs 750g
Sour cream 1/3 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup
Lemon (zest of 1 + 2 Tbsp of lemon juice)
Blueberries and Raspberries 1/2 cup
For decoration: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and edible roses
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F
2. Line the bottom and side of a 8 or 9 inch springform tall cake pan with parchment paper
3. Melt butter and mix with almond flour
4. Press onto bottom of the cake pan
5. Bake the crust for 15 minutes and leave it to cool off
6. Beat cream cheese, lemon zest and sugar in a large bowl using a hand mixer or electrical mixer until completely blended
7. Add the eggs one at a time and mix on low speed after each addition
8. Add the lemon juice and berries and mix with spatula
9. Pour over the crust
10. Bake for 45 minutes or until the center almost set
11. Cool completely and put it in the fridge overnight
12. Decorate using the steps in this video or use your creativity.
-Bring eggs and cream cheese to room temperature before starting
-Put the cake pan in a tray and fill the tray with water before putting it in the oven
-Rotate the cheese cake after 30 minutes of baking time and add water if required